
A few days ago I had to wait for the bus for about a half hour. Fifteen minutes into it, I got so incredibly bored that I began to sing some R&B favorites out loud, but certainly to/for myself. Tunes such as (but not limited to): "The boy is mine" by Brandy & Monica, "All My Life" by KCi & Jojo (why is there an "i" on KC!??), and Brian McNight's "Startin Back At 1".
Let me be clear: this is no mindless blog entry. I am genuinely drawing this conclusion: Homeless people that appear to be out of their minds have every right to be. I dare you to roam the streets of LA for over a day an not start ranting a little about communist manifestos or singing a smooth, lush vocal arrangement.
I have come to believe that we are all about 3 or 4 decisions away from being just like anyone else in the world. That can be empowering for those striving for the top, but I think it's worth considering the next time you see someone belting some Boys II Men to nobody.
That could be you in a matter of decisions.
0 comments:
Post a Comment