1.10.08

All this for only $350

Today I was listening to Free Speech radio on 90.7. I turn to this station whenever I'm feeling either intellectual or dumb--it solves both ailments. I was intrigued initially by a professional on Tibetan politics and the Dalai Lama, but today's broadcast took the cake....the reincarnation cake that is!

That's right, you used to be Abraham Lincoln and now you are just an angsty, side-banged teen. 


Anywhoot, this man was talking about a conference that is the only one of its kind dedicated to reincarnated living individuals. So basically Fred Miller was previously Anne Frank, Michael Jackson is really Mozart, Obama is the senator who helped Lincoln with the Emancipation Proclaimation, the list goes on and on. 

Now for the gravy train, THE CONFERENCE IS IN LA! Marina Del Rey to be ironic enough, the most plain, traditional, conservative part in the LA county. So naturally I went the website only to find 2 very outrageous things: The evening entertainment itinerary and the $350 admission!

Friday
Comedy by Swami Beyondanda 
and keyboard music by Paul Armitage, 
the reincarnation of composer Edvard Grieg

Saturday
Storytelling and harp music by Erik Berglund, 
the reincarnation of Hans Christian Anderson

Sunday
The Bacher Boys, the reincarnations of Laurel & Hardy, 
Performing “The Funniest Show in the World”


So the question arises....who's with me?

2 comments:

Paisley said...

oh. my. GOSH! That seriously sounds like the craziest/most amazing thing ever! I want to find out who I was in my past life! And I'd also like to see Hans Christian Anderson's reincarnate tell a story.

Marian Alonso said...

that's funny, I'd totally go but recently I had $350 that I decided to burn because I didn't know what else to do with it. Oh, and I'm IN ECUADOR WATCHING WHALES.