27.4.09

3 Awkward Moments with 1 Person


I'm at this thing and this girl arrives and I haven't seen this girl in like 3 years so I am super excited and let out a pretty loud and energetic "HEYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!"


As she gets closer and returns my HEYYYYYYY with more of a "hey" I realize I do not know this girl. 

Later in the night I try to shirk off some of my awkward feelings by telling someone this story. They laugh and then point over to her to ask "is that the girl?"

The girl sees us laughing and pointing at her. 

Crap. 

At this point (2 awkward things), I know I have to go talk to her- clear the air. 

I go over to her. Explain the whole HEYYYYYYY thing. She laughs. I'm feeling comfortable. Confident in my choice to set the record straight. 

I bring up the pointing. She says she didn't notice. She might be lying. I don't mind, the air is clear. 

I leave by saying "well, it was really nice to meet you" with a kind-of-smile like "get it, because i thought i knew you when i saw you but it turns out i didn't"

To which she replies, "well, actually I already met you last summer at that leadership retreat in arizona". 

Great.

Awkward Hat-trick 

1 comments:

Bernadette said...

i'd like this story more if i didn't notice YOU CHANGED YOUR BACKGROUND AGAIN